After a thrilling season opener, the 2018 IPL bandwagon moves to Mohali where Kings XI Punjab will be hosting Delhi Daredevils in a 4 PM start.
Both the teams, who are yet to win the IPL 2018, have bolstered their squads ahead of the 2018 IPL and pose a huge challenge to the other teams. Ahead of the IPL 2018 auction, Punjab retained only Axar Patel and made some fantastic signings in the likes of R Ashwin, KL Rahul, Andrew Tye, Marcus Stoinis, Karun Nair etc. and look solid as they have all their bases covered.
Picking their playing XI will be a tough task for the team management as they have more than enough batsmen who can get into any IPL side with ease, Unfortunately, they might not pick everyone in the XI as they need to take care of their bowling as well. For example, someone like Mayank Agarwal, who had a fantastic domestic season might not be featuring in the XI due to their batting might.
Delhi Daredevils, on the other hand, are like Kings XI Punjab when it comes to their batting as they have a very strong batting order, in fact, one of the best in the tournament. But, they don’t have a strong bowling attack and the injury to Kagiso Rabada didn’t do any good for Gautam Gambhir and co.
Ahead of the teams’ opening match in the 2018 IPL, Delhi all-rounder Glenn Maxwell and KXIP opener Aaron Finch will miss their team’s opening match because of the latter’s wedding.
Let us take a look at how they will line-up for tomorrow’s match.
IPL 2018 Kings XI Punjab team squad
: Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Karun Nair, Yuvraj Singh, David Miller, Manoj Tiwary, Marcus Stoinis, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma and Andrew Tye.
IPL 2018 Delhi Daredevils team squad
Gautam Gambhir, Colin Munro, Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, Dan Christian, Vijay Shankar, Chris Morris, Amit Mishra, Mohammad Shami, Trent Boult and Shahbaz Nadeem.
IPL 2018 DD vs KXIP Prediction
Kings XI Punjab to cruise home in an one-sided affair.
Please check few hours before the match for latest update.
We are providing key players from both teams, try to pick from them to be safe.
Local: G Gambhir, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Amit Mishra.
Foreign: Chris Morris, T Boult.
* G Gambhir is expected to open innings with Prithvi Shaw/Colin Munro.
Risky choice as Jason Roy is also in the squad.
* G Maxwell is unavailable for this game due to personal commitments.
* Chris Morris/D Christian is expected to play, it woudnt be surprise if both get to play this match.
* There is a slight chance that Jason roy might be considered ahead of D Christian for this match.
* V Shankar might not get a chance to play this match if Delhi go in with 2 foreign allrounders.
* Liam Plunkett has replaced injured K Rabada in the squad.
* T Boult is expected to feature in playing11 ahead of Liam Plunkett.
* Considering the recent form Rishabh Pant might be considered ahead of Naman Ojha as wicket keeper.
Local: KL Rahul, R Aswin, Yuvraj Singh, Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma.
Foreign: David Miller, Marcus Stoinis, AJ Tye.
* A Finch is unavailable for this match due to personal commitments(Marriage).
* In the absence of A Finch, C Gayle might get to play this match.
* Kl Rahul is expected to open innings with C Gayle/Mayank Agarwal.
* Its difficult to predict Karun Nair/Mayank Agarwal who will be considered as both have done well in recent domestic season.
* Anyone of Marcus Stoinis or Mujeeb Zadran might get a chance to play this match.
* Ankit Rajpoot/ Barinder Sran/ Mohit Sharma, only two among these are expected to feature in playing11. Based on previous ipl experience we expect M sharma & B Sran might play.
* A Tye is expected to be considered ahead of Ben Dwarshuis for this match as a foreign bowler choice.
Head to Head:
Delhi: 9 Wins
Punjab: 10 Wins
Safe Captain choices
Risky Captain choices
Match to be played at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali.
Pitch is expected to be neutral with slight advantage for batsmen.
K Rabada is injured and out of IPL.
G Maxwell is unavailable.
A Finch is unavailable