After winning their first three matches of the 2018 IPL, table-toppers Sunrises Hyderabad will take on Kings XI Punjab in their fourth match of the season at the PCA at the stadium in Mohali later today.
A lot of people wrote off the Sunrisers after their skipper David Warner was banned from the 2018 IPL because of his involvement in the ball-tampering incident that happened in the third Test between Australia and South Africa at the Newlands in Cape Town last month. But, the stand-in captain Kane Williamson has led the side well and made sure that the Orange army is not missing their regular skipper.
The main reason behind the success of SRH is their world-class bowling unit that has the likes of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Billy Stanlake, Rashid Khan, Shakib Al Hasan and Sid Kaul, who are making sure that their batting order doesn’t have much to do in taking their team home. In the absence of Warner, Shikhar Dhawan has stood up and taken the responsibility of taking his team home with the bat.
Kings XI Punjab, on the other hand, are heavily reliant on the Karnataka duo of KL Rahul and Karun Nair with the bat as their mainstays Yuvraj Singh and Aaron Finch are yet to contribute with the bat. On the bowling front, skipper R Ashwin has been backed well by Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma and Mujeeb ur Rahman. Ashwin, the captain has been a revelation in the tournament as his captaincy has been spot-on so far.
It will be interesting to see what changes he will be making for the tonight’s game. Yuvraj Singh has been completely out of form and with Manoj Tiwary waiting in the wings, one can expect the southpaw to make way for the Bengal skipper.
Let us take a look at how both the teams will be lining up for today’s game.
IPL 2018 KXIP 16th Match Probable 11
KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, Yuvraj Singh, Manoj Tiwary, Marcus Stoinis, R Ashwin, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma.
IPL 2018 SRH 16th Match Probable 11
Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Kane Williamson, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Shakib al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, Billy Stanlake, Sid Kaul.
IPL 2018 KXIP vs SRH 16th Match Prediction
Two of the best teams in the 2018 IPL will be taking on each other and one can expect the hosts to get the better of Sunrisers and hand them their first loss of the season.
IPL 2018 KXIP vs SRH 16th Match Weather Forecast
According to Accu Weather, it is partly sunny and warm in Mohali and the temperatures are hovering around 37 Degree Celsius. But the cloud cover will increase around 3 PM and it will stay cloudy until 6 PM as there are bleak chances of rain.
* Please check few hours before the match for latest updates.
* Axar Patel should come back into the side if he is fit, otherwise Barinder Sran could retain his place.
* As the teams are making few unexpected changes, we are providing a list of key players for both teams, pick from them to be safe.
* In Wicket-Keeper section, KL Rahul is the safe option.
Kings XI Punjab
Local: KL Rahul, M Agarwal, R Ashwin, K Nair, Mohit Sharma.
Foreign: C Gayle, AJ Tye, Mujeeb.
* KL Rahul & C Gayle are expected to open the innings in this match as well.
* Aaron Finch got out cheaply in last two games, there is a chance of D Miller or M Stoinis replacing Finch in the playing XI. Pick them at your own RISK
* KXIP made two changes by bringing in Barinder Sran, Chris Gayle into playing XI in place of Axar Patel and Marcus Stoinis.
* After a very good performance in the last match, C Gayle is expected to retain his place in the playing XI.
* Ashwin and Mujeeb have been consistent in both the matches and KXIP might go with same combination.
* A Tye was a touch expensive in last two matches so it wouldn’t be a surprise if Ben Dwarshuis comes into the playing XI. Pick him at your own RISK
Local: Shikhar Dhawan, W Saha, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, S Kaul.
Foreign: Kane Willamson, Shakib Al Hasan, Rashid Khan.
* Shikhar Dhawan and W Saha are expected to open the innings.
* Bhuvneshwar Kumar came back into playing XI in place of Sandeep Sharma.
* B Stanlake and Shakib Al Hasan are impressive with their performance.
* Alex Hales might come into playing XI if SRH looks to strengthen their batting line-up, otherwise no changes are expected in the playing XI.Risky Choice
* It will be difficult to predict who will be dropped if A Hales comes into playing11.
KXIP is placed at 3rd position on the points table with 4 points.
SRH won all the three matches they played and placed at 1st position on the points table.
KXIP: 2 Wins
SRH: 8 Wins
Kings XI Punjab Squad
Local: Ravichandran Ashwin(c), KL Rahul(wk), Axar Patel, Karun Nair, Ankit Singh Rajpoot, Mohit Sharma, Barinder Sran, Yuvraj Singh, Akshdeep Nath, Manoj Tiwary, Mayank Agarwal, Manzoor Dar, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar.
Foreign: Andrew Tye, Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, David Miller, Chris Gayle, Mujeeb ur Rahman (Mujeeb Zardan), Ben Dwarshuis.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad
Local : Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha(wk), Tanmay Agarwal, Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi, Ricky Bhui, Bipul Sharma, Shreevats Goswami, Deepak Hooda, Siddarth Kaul, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Sachin Baby, Sandeep Sharma, Mehdi Hasan.
Foreign : Kane Williamson (c), Carlos Brathwaite, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Shakib Al Hasan, Billy Stanlake.
Safe Captain Choices
Shakib Al Hasan
Risky Captain choices
Match to be played at Mohali.
Pitch is expected to be good for batting and high scoring game is expected.
Axar Patel had a left thigh strain but he is expected to be fit
No injury concern.