They’ve done it before, and their fans are expecting them to do it again. The Mumbai Indians are notorious for being poor starters in the IPL, needing a few games before they put their campaign on track. This year as well, they have succumbed to last-ball losses, and are currently sitting at the bottom-most rung of the table.
Facing them will be the Royal Challengers Bangalore, aside hyped up (as always) before the tournament, but having failed to live up to the billing as yet. Their last defeat came at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals, where their bowlers got a lot of stick, conceding 217 in 20 overs. Death bowling is a major concern for them, not so much the batting form of its top-order superstars.
At the Wankhede, Rohit Sharma will be looking to close in on their first win of the edition, and more importantly, find some magic in his bat too, having failed to fire on the first three games. Their batting has looked solid, but the bowlers have been unable to hold on to the momentum at crucial junctures, hence the ignominy of three back-to-back close defeats.
There will be some interesting individual matchups in this game, while Kohli’s approach against a sound Mumbai bowling attack will be a mouthwatering contest, AB de Villiers will have Krunal Pandya’s wily left-arm spin at the back of his head, having got out to him four times in four innings. Kohli is also close to completing 5000 runs for the Royal Challengers Bangalore, which will be the first time any player has breached the mark for a single T20 team.
|Match||Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 3rd Match|
|Date||Sunday, April 08, 2018 at 8:00 PM ( 02:30 PM GMT / 08:00 PM LOCAL )|
|Venue||Eden Gardens, Kolkata|
IPL 2018 14th Match MI vs RCB Weather Forecast
IPL 2018 14th Match MI Predicted 11
Mumbai Suryakumar Yadav, Evin Lewis, Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Adam Milne, Mayank Markande, Jasprit Bumrah, Mustafizur Rahman
IPL 2018 14th Match RCB Predicted 11
Quinton de Kock, Parthiv Patel, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Colin de Grandhomme, Washington Sundar, Chris Woakes, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini
IPL 2018 14th Match MI VS RCB Prediction
if things go right, Mumbai Indians will go on to register their first win of the season
IPL 2018 14th Match MI VS RCB Match Details
* Please check few hours before the match for latest updates.
* As the teams are making few unexpected changes, we are providing a list of key players for both teams, pick from them to be safe.
* In wicket-Keeper section, De Kock and Ishan Kishan both are safe options as they bat in the top order.
* Both Mayank Markande and Chris Woakes are the leading wicket takers as they bagged 7 wickets in the 3 matches they played this season.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
IPL 2018 14th Match RCB Key Players
Local: Virat Kohli, Mandeep Singh, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Foreign: AB de Villiers, Brendon McCullum, De Kock
* De Kock and B McCullum are expected to open the innings.
* Pawan Negi came into the playing XI in place of Sarfaraz Khan and he is expected to get another chance in this game.
* There is a slight chance of Colin de Grandhomme coming into playing XI.Pick him at your OWN RISK.
* Washington Sundar, Umesh Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal are expected to lead the bowling attack.
* If RCB is looking to strengthen their batting lineup then P Patel or Manan Vohra might a get a chance in the playing XI. Pick them at your OWN RISK.
* Kulwant Khejroliya was expensive in the last match so they might give a chance to Navdeep Saini or Mohammed Siraj. Pick him at your OWN RISK.
IPL 2018 13th Match MI Key Players
Local: Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Krunal Pandya, Bumrah.
Foreign: E Lewis, Keiron Pollard, Mustafizur Rahman.
* Suryakumar Yadav and E Lewis are expected to open the innings as they performed well in the last match.
* Rohit Sharma batted at no 4 in the last match and he is expected to bat at the same position.
* H Pandya recovered from ankle injury and replaced Pradeep Sangwan in the playing XI.
* Mustafizur Rahman, Jasprit Bumrah and Mayank Markande are expected to lead the bowling attack.
* A Dananjaya replaced B Cutting in last match but he proved to be expensive so Mumbai might look to bring back B Cutting or Mitchell McClenaghan.Risky choice
* Adam Milne replaced injured Pat Cummins in the squad.
RCB is currently placed at 6th position in the points table with 2 points.
MI lost all the three matches they played and currently placed at 8th position.
RCB: 8 Wins
MI: 15 Wins
Royal Challengers Bangalore Squad
Local: Virat Kohli (c), Parthiv Patel (wk), Umesh Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Anirudha Joshi, Yuzvendra Chahal, Aniket Choudhary, Pawan Negi, Manan Vohra, Murugan Ashwin, Sarfaraz Khan, Navdeep Saini, Pavan Deshpande, Mohammed Siraj, Washington Sundar, Kulwant Khejroliya.
Foreign: Quinton de Kock (wk), Brendon McCullum, AB de Villiers, Tim Southee, Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Colin de Grandhomme, Corey Anderson.
Mumbai Indians Squad
Local Players : Rohit Sharma (c), Jasprit Bumrah, Rahul Chahar, Ishan Kishan(wk), Siddhesh Lad, Sharad Lumba, Mayank Markande, Moshin Khan, MD Nidheesh, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Anukul Roy, Pradeep Sangwan, Tajinder Singh, Aditya Tare, Saurabh Tiwary, Suryakumar Yadav, Pragyan Ojha
Foreign Players : JP Duminy, Evin Lewis, Ben Cutting, Kieron Pollard, Akila Dananjaya, Mitchell McCleaghan, Mustafizur Rahman, Adam Milne
Safe Captain Choices
AB de Villiers
Risky Captain choices
Match to be played at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Pitch is expected to be batting friendly and high scoring game is expected.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
No injury concerns.
Pat Cummins is injured and ruled out of IPL.