Kings XI Punjab trio of KL Rahul, Karun Nair and Mayank Agarwal, who play for Karnataka in the Indian domestic circuit, along with their IPL teammate and West Indian batsman Chris Gayle, who spent as many as seven years with the Royal Challengers Bangalore, are set for a homecoming as RCB host KXIP in the match eight of the 2018 IPL at the M Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru earlier today.
Kings XI Punjab will be high on confidence coming into this game after beating Delhi Daredevils comfortably, thanks to Rahul’s swashbuckling fifty, which was also the fastest in the history of IPL, along with some notable contributions from Karun Nair, Mujeeb ur Rahman etc.
The same cannot be said of RCB as the Virat Kohli and co. ended up on the losing side against Kolkata Knight Riders in their season opener earlier this week. They will look to register their first win of the season against a rampant Kings XI side, who will have their task cut out in their first away game of the season.
Kings XI have a good news when it comes to selection as their Australian batsman Aaron Finch is back after missing the first game due to his wedding and his presence will give them some selection headaches. In all likelihood, Finch and Manoj Tiwary will be replacing David Miller and Mayank Agarwal in the side.
RCB, on the other hand, will look to add some strength to their bowling attack by bringing in Tim Southee in place of wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock.
Let us take a look at how both the teams will line up for their clash in Bengaluru.
IPL 2018 Kings XI Punjab Probable 11
KL Rahul, Aaron Finch, Karun Nair, Yuvraj Singh, Manoj Tiwary, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Andrew Tye, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Mohit Sharma.
IPL 2018 Royal Challengers Bangalore Probable 11
Brendon McCullum, Parthiv Patel, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Washington Sundar, Chris Woakes, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal
IPL 2018 8th T20 Match RCB vs KXIP Match Prediction
Both the teams have a strong batting unit and Kings XI’s bowling unit is just a notch ahead of that of RCB’s. In spite of playing at the opposition’s win, it won’t be a surprise if Kings XI Punjab win the match.
* There are high chances of Finch and Southee playing this match. Dekock and Miller might be dropped.
* Parthiv Patel might take wicket keeping duties instead of Dekock.
* Any one of Mayank Agarwal or Manoj Tiwary is expected to play.
* There’s a very slight chance that Gayle & Grandhomme might play.
* FINCH, DEKOCK, SOUTHEE, MILLER, PARTHIV, MAYANK, MANOJ, GAYLE : ALL ARE RISKY CHOICES. PICK THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
* As the teams are making few unexpected changes, we are providing a list of key players for both teams, pick from them to be safe.
Kings XI Punjab
Local: KL Rahul, M Agarwal, R Ashwin, Yuvraj Singh, Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma.
Foreign: Marcus Stoinis, AJ Tye.
* KL Rahul & M Agarwal are expected to open the innings in this match as well.
* Aaron Finch has joined the squad. He might not play this match, if he is included then David Miller might be dropped. Risky choice
* Rest of the line-up is expected to be same from the last match.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Local: Virat Kohli, Mandeep Singh, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Foreign: AB de Villiers, Brendon McCullum.
* K Khejroliya didn’t perform well in the last match, so RCB might think of replacing him with M Siraj / Navdeep Saini.Pick them at your own risk.
* Considering the bowling performance in last match RCB are expected to play with an extra all-rounder in this match.
* If All-Rounder Colin de Grandhomme is considered for this match then Q de Kock might be dropped and Parthiv Patel is expected to replace Sarfaraz Khan. Pick them at your OWN RISK.
* If Parthiv Patel gets chance then he is expected to open innings with Brendon McCullum.
Points Table: RCB with 0 points is at 7th position and KXIP with 2 points is at 3rd position.
RCB: 8 Wins
KXIP: 12 Wins
Royal Challengers Bangalore Squad
Local: Virat Kohli (c), Parthiv Patel (wk), Umesh Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Anirudha Joshi, Yuzvendra Chahal, Aniket Choudhary, Pawan Negi, Manan Vohra, Murugan Ashwin, Sarfaraz Khan, Navdeep Saini, Pavan Deshpande, Mohammed Siraj, Washington Sundar, Kulwant Khejroliya.
Foreign: Quinton de Kock (wk), Brendon McCullum, AB de Villiers, Tim Southee, Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Colin de Grandhomme, Corey Anderson,.
Kings XI Punjab Squad
Local: Ravichandran Ashwin(c), KL Rahul(wk), Axar Patel, Karun Nair, Ankit Singh Rajpoot, Mohit Sharma, Barinder Sran, Yuvraj Singh, Akshdeep Nath, Manoj Tiwary, Mayank Agarwal, Manzoor Dar, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar.
Foreign: Andrew Tye, Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, David Miller, Chris Gayle, Mujeeb ur Rahman (Mujeeb Zardan), Ben Dwarshuis.
Gayle, Grandhomme might get a chance in this match for their respective teams.
It wouldn’t be a surprise if Gayle opens the innings for KXIP with KL Rahul as he is familiar with Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Safe Captain Choices
AB de Villiers
Risky Captain choices
Match to be played at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
Pitch is expected to be batting friendly and high scoring game is expected.
No injury concern for both teams.